WHEN: Camp begins June 26th, 2017 and runs through August 11th. Wednesdays are field trip days.
WHAT: Monday through Thursday children will be introduced to a variety of art forms ( prop construction, visual arts, backdrop designing and more).
TIME: 9am until 4pm.
COST: The cost for the camp is $250 plus a $50 registration fee.
Extended Care and Scholarships are available and are very limited.
For more information contact us at 773.622.3267
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Come see us at 6270 W. North Ave. Chicago, IL between 3pm and 6pm.
Play to be announced soon.
This arts program is an intensive 7 week fine arts summer camp. Children from kindergarten through high school ages will learn a variety of fine and craft arts, acting, singing, dancing, as well as important life skills.
Our Music Program will offer music lessons to kids that are in the low to moderate income levels and cannot afford to take traditional music classes. We will also show the kids how music is connected to everything in society. Music provides a platform for the students to become the teachers and give back to society while increasing self reliance and self esteem.
Young people who participate in Art and Music Educational programs have been shown to:
- Earn higher grades and score better on standardized tests than those with little or no involvement in the arts, regardless of socioeconomic status.
- Have significant effects on learning in other disciplines. Students consistently involved in music and theater show higher levels of success in mathematics and reading.
- Are much more likely to be high academic achievers, be elected to class office, participate in a math and science fair, and win an award for writing an essay or poem.
- Achieve in the “core competencies” needed for employment such as thinking creatively, problem solving, exercising individual responsibility, sociability, and self esteem.
- With a solid foundation in the arts, young people are prepared for the leadership roles they will fulfill tomorrow.
The goal for the Music Program fundraising will be to provide books, instruments, instructors and instruction to our students.
Register your child for our After School Program TODAY!
To register for our After School Program:
- Download Local Motions Registration Form
- Print form
- Complete form, and
- Mail form and $75 application fee* (non-refundable) to:
6270 W North Ave
Chicago, IL 60639
*This After School Program is free to low income families. Please call 773-622-3267 for more information and to apply.
Click on the Donate button below to donate through PayPal.
After-School Arts Program operates Monday through Friday from 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. starting September 7th through August 14th and consists of homework instruction, painting, Dance, Writing, Drama/Acting Clinic, Prop Construction/Set Design and Theatrical Performance.
Dance Class: Will challenge students to move in new and creative ways. We will explore various dance styles ranging from hip-hop to ballet to jazz. Participants will learn choreography and also have the opportunity to create their own work. The student’s work will be presented in a series of informal showings and at the end of summer camp.
Visual Arts Class: Introduces students to a variety of mediums. Students will experience a balance of individual projects (self portraits) and group projects (painting sets). At the end of the session students work will be highlighted in a Fine Arts exhibition.
Theater Arts Class: Combines voice training, dancing, acting and costuming to introduce students to the world of performance arts. After learning through exercises and games, Students work with teachers to develop a theater production.